Safety at Heart Protocols
What testing information do I need to know for my upcoming cruise?
- Paul Gauguin Cruises will no longer require COVID-19 pre-embarkation testing.
Can I sail without a Covid-19 vaccine?
- All guests are required to have completed a full vaccination program.
- Children from 1 to 11 are not required to be vaccinated, but it is recommended.
Health and Safety FAQs for All Guests
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a Paul Gauguin Cruise?
Mandatory and complete vaccination: at least two doses of an authorized vaccine no later than 4 months to seven days before embarkation. Immunity is now acknowledged as a booster if less than 3 months prior to embarking and completed by 2 regular doses of authorized vaccine and if also accepted by the countries of destination and/or transit.
- Most destinations outside the European Union (destination or transit countries) require a complete vaccination schedule of two doses.
- People who received only one injection after recovering from COVID-19 are not considered fully vaccinated.
- Verified documentation of vaccination and negative COVID-19 test will be required at the time of boarding and failure to provide this documentation will result in denial of boarding.
What Vaccines are Authorized?
- Authorized vaccines: Pfizer / Moderna / AstraZeneca / Covishield / Sinopharm / Sputnik V / Sinovac / Janssen (one dose of Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) + one dose of Pfizer or Moderna mRNA; the PONANT protocol does not accept only one dose of Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)
Do I need a booster to be fully vaccinated?
- Guests over 18 years of age who have received their second dose more than six months ago at the time of boarding, a third mRNA dose (Pfizer or Moderna)will be required in order to be able to board (for AstraZeneca, it may be a third AstraZeneca dose). For Johnson & Johnson (Janssen), Sinopharm, Sputnik V, Sinovac the third dose shall be an EMA mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna).
- The six-month limit does not apply to those less than 18 years of age.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Paul Gauguin require guests must utilize provided safety kits and wear a mask while outside of cabin.
- It’s mandatory that crew wear a mask or visor while around guests
Can I get off the ship at port?
The ship tender will be disinfected and passengers will observe reinforced health instructions: social distancing, wearing a mask, barrier gestures, hand disinfection and temperature measurement in order to reboard The Gauguin.
- These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.