Oceania Cruises Sailsafe
What testing information do I need for my upcoming cruise?
- Fully Vaccinated travelers aged 12 and older will not need to test to embark.
- Travelers aged 11 and under are not subject to any cruise line vaccination requirements or testing protocols
- Fully Vaccinated travelers must meet the generally-accepted definition of “fully vaccinated” based on the destination they are embarking and/or traveling to and must provide proof of vaccination.
Can I sail without a COVID-19 vaccine?
- All travelers, regardless of vaccination status, will be able to cruise on most cruises from the US & Europe except for cruises that visit Bermuda & Canada.
- Local regulations may have different requirements to enter certain countries – make sure to check travel requirements by country to understand country specific requirements. Guests may be denied boarding if all country specific requirements are not met.
What testing information do I need to know for my upcoming cruise?
- Un-vaccinated travelers will need to present a negative, medically administered covid-19 test. Antigen and PCR test results may not be more than 72 hours old at the time of boarding.
Health and Safety FAQs for All Guests
Do I need a Vaccine or COVID test to travel to Canada, Bermuda, Greece, Eurpean ports and United Kingdom & Ireland?
For Voyages Embarking from Canada:
- Guests aged 5 and older, must present a negative, medically administered COVID-19 test.
- Travelers under age 5 are not subject to any cruise line vaccination or testing protocols
- Travelers aged 12 and older who are not Fully Vaccinated may not embark due to strict Canadian quarantine regulations
For Voyages Calling in Bermuda:
- All travelers must be Fully Vaccinated.
- For voyages that arrive in Bermuda within four (4) days of embarkation, all travelers must present a negative, medically administered covid-19 test. Antigen test results may not be older than 48 hours at the time of boarding and PCR test results may not be more than 96 hours old at the time of boarding.
- For voyages that arrive in Bermuda more than four (4) days after embarkation, all travelers must present a negative, medically administered covid-19 test prior to embarkation and undergo additional testing onboard, prior to arrival. For embarkation, Antigen test results may not be older than 48 hours at the time of boarding and PCR test results may not be more than 96 hours old at the time of boarding. Onboard testing will be conducted onboard within two (2) days of arrival in Bermuda.
For Voyages Embarking From Greece:
- All travelers must be Fully Vaccinated.
- All travelers must present a negative, medically administered covid-19 test. PCR and Antigen test results may not be older than 48 hours at the time of boarding.
- Booster mandates are in effect and strictly enforced – see above.
For Voyages Embarking From European Union Ports and Turkey (Excludes Greece):
- Fully Vaccinated travelers embarking from ports within the European Union and Turkey who meet the European Union definition of Fully Vaccinated aged 12 and older will not need to test to embark. Boosters are required to qualify as Fully Vaccinated.
- • Un-vaccinated travelers and those not meeting the European Union definition of Fully Vaccinated will need to present a negative, medically administered covid-19 test. Antigen and PCR test results may not be more than 72 hours old at the time of boarding
- . • Travelers aged 11 and under are not subject to cruise line vaccination requirements or testing protocols.
- • An official Covid-19 recovery certificate may suffice in lieu of a booster. Details below.
What Vaccines will be Accepted?
- Any FDA/EMA/WHO authorized single brand vaccination protocol ≥2 weeks after receipt of the final dose.
- I.e. J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford (Vaxzevria & CoviShield), etc.
- A mixed vaccination combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO Emergency Use Listed (EUL) COVID-19 twodose series with a minimum interval of 17 days.
- Note: Individuals receiving a Janssen COVID-19 vaccine before or after another COVID-19 vaccine are considered fully vaccinated against COVID19 ≥2 weeks after receipt of the single dose of the Janssen vaccine.
Do I need a Booster to travel?
- Boosters are not required to qualify as Fully Vaccinated.
Will guests who are recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies still be required to be vaccinated?
Yes, all guests and crew will be required to be fully vaccinated even if they have antibodies from prior infections, regardless of the guest’s citizenship and their local government’s regulations.
Do I need to wear a mask?
- As a general rule, for all voyages calling in Italian and Greek ports, guests must wear face masks at all times when outside of their stateroom or suite except when actively eating or drinking while the vessel is in port. Italian regulations mandate that guests wear a medical grade KN95 or FFP2 face mask.
- For all other voyages, face coverings remain optional for guests. We continue to strongly recommend that all guests wear face coverings when outside of their accommodations.
- Our Officers and Crew will continue to remain masked at all times.
- It is strongly recommend all guests travel with an adequate supply of medical grade masks, commonly known as surgical masks, FFP2 masks, or KN-95 masks. Should you require additional masks while traveling, all ships will be adequately stocked.
Can I explore on my own while in port?
As delivering the best experience for our guests is always a top priority, and after working closely with our destination partners, Oceania anticipates that guests will be free to explore certain ports of call on their own. Guests are asked to be mindful that this is largely dependent on the local health authorities and the evolving regulations, which are subject to change. In order to keep guests as safe as possible, it is highly recommend taking Oceania organized shore excursions as a more controlled environment for you to enjoy your time in each of the destinations.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.