Great news! Ponant Cruise line is continuously updating their protocols to allow more guests to travel! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Need to know information
Quick checklist of what you need prior to boarding your cruise. More details can be found below:
- Negative viral COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of departure
- Vaccine card if vaccinated (Booster is recommended at least seven days before boarding).
- Masks are now required for all guests regardless of vaccine status
- Shore excursion requirements
Ponant Health & Safety FAQs
Do I need a Vaccine to travel on a Ponant Cruise?
Ponant will require all passengers and crew members over 16 years old to be vaccinated before the cruise. Guests and crew will also need to show proof of a negative PCR test carried out within 72 hours of boarding the ship.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Wearing a mask is mandatory when moving in all public areas outside the stateroom.
- Crew members are required to wear a mask or protective visor when in contact with guests.
- Guests will be asked to wear a mask in hallway corridors and will be recommended in public spaces.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Vaccinated guests may participate in Ponant sponsored tours or independent activities.
All guests are required to follow the protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore. These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice. We encourage you to come prepared for potential requirements ashore which may apply to health screening/testing, masks, physical distancing, organized tours/independent activities, etc.
- Shore excursions will be carried out only in regions where the epidemic is under control and in uninhabited areas.
- 6 guests maximum per zodiac
- Zodiacs will be thoroughly disinfected after each stopover.
- Re-boarding after shore excursions will only be permitted after temperature check and disinfection procedures (individuals and personal belongings).
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.